Happy three days before Thanksgiving, everyone! I’m sure you’re all in the midst of food prep for the big day… I know I am. That’s why I thought I’d share my mom’s macaroni & cheese recipe. As we’ve gotten older, my cousins and I have been assigned various side dishes, to cook, for the holidays. My assignment is the mac & cheese. It’s so deliciously cheesy and very easy to make.
(I’m cooking for two houses, so there are twice the ingredients.)
I normally use a 9 x 13 pan for each batch.
- 1-16 oz box of elbow macaroni
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 cups of Velveeta
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar or Colby jack cheese (I use ¾ cup of each)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Seasoned salt
- Onion salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Boil noodles
- Heat butter& milk in a pot
- Add Velveeta & 1 cup shredded cheese
- Let mixture melt
- Stir in (beaten) egg
- Add seasoned salt, pepper & onion salt to taste
- Stir mixture
- Pour enough mixture to coat bottom of pan*
- Put in ½ the noodles
- Add in more sauce & ½ of the left over shredded cheese*
- Add in the remaining noodles, sauce & shredded cheese*
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 – 40 minutes, at 350 – 375 degrees
*Make sure mixture is all distributed evenly.
So, there you have it. I hope you all have an awesome Turkey Day, filled with laughs & love.
What’s your favorite holiday dish to make? Eat?