I’ll start by saying that there are hundreds of uses for coconut oil, from cooking to beauty to household. I wanted to share, with you, several that I regularly use. So, here are some of my favorite everyday uses for coconut oil.
- Beauty & Skin Care – When it comes to beauty and skincare, I use it a few different ways: oil pulling, which helps improve the health of your teeth and gums; body moisturizer; and makeup brush cleaner.
- Cooking – This one is pretty self-explanatory. You can substitute coconut oil for other oils you’d use when frying or sauteing up foods. And, I recently figured out that it can serve as a substitute for a non-stick spray.
- Hair – I use coconut oil on my hair nearly every day. It’s a great moisturizer and it smells delicious. Warning… it solidifies at room temperature and gets hard in cold temperatures. I learned the hard way when my curls practically froze when walking to lunch several winters ago.
- Health – There are so many medicinal uses for coconut oil, but currently the only related reason I use it is for my eczema. Whenever I have a flare-up, I mix a little of it with my lotion.
- Household – Every since I “discovered” how awesome coconut oil is, I think I’m “MacGyver” around the house. I’ve used it to unstick stuck zippers and bike chains, AND to get gum out of my hair (don’t ask).
My new favorite coconut oil to use is from Skinny & Co. It’s such a good product and is a small batch, extra virgin, cold pressed coconut oil, made from 100% pure, raw, pesticide free, wild coconuts. What I really like about this Skinny & Co. is that they actually have products ready-made for what I use coconut oil for, including Oil Pulling and Whipped Body Butter. Each jar actually uses 12 coconuts and will “stay good” for at least 15 months – not that all that time it’s ever needed in my house.
Disclosure: I was provided samples of coconut oil products from Skinny & Co. in exchange for sharing my experience with you all. As always, all opinions are my own.