I’ll start by saying that there are hundreds of uses for coconut oil, from cooking to beauty to household. I wanted to share, with you, several that I regularly use. So, here are some of my favorite everyday uses for coconut oil.
- Beauty & Skin Care – When it comes to beauty and skin care, I use it a few different ways: oil pulling, which helps improve the health of your teeth and gums; body moisturizer; and makeup brush cleaner.
- Cooking – This one is pretty self explanatory. You can substitute coconut oil for other oils you’d use when frying or sauteing up foods. And, I recently figured out that it can serve as a substitute for a non-stick spray.
- Hair – I use coconut oil on my hair nearly everyday. It’s a great moisturizer and it smells delicious. Warning… it solidifies at room temperature and gets hard in cold temperatures. I learned the hard way, when my curls practically froze when walking to lunch several winters ago.
- Health – There are so many medicinal uses for coconut oil, but currently the only related reason I use it is for my eczema. Whenever I have a flareup, I mix a little of it with my lotion.
- Household – Every since I “discovered” how awesome coconut oil is, I think I’m “MacGyver” around the house. I’ve used it to un-stick stuck zippers and bike chains, AND to get gum out of my hair (don’t ask).
My new favorite coconut oil to use is from Skinny & Co. It’s such a good product and is a small batch, extra virgin, cold pressed coconut oil, made from 100% pure, raw, pesticide free, wild coconuts. What I really like about this Skinny & Co. is that they actually have products ready-made for what I use coconut oil for, including Oil Pulling and Whipped Body Butter. Each jar actually uses 12 coconuts and will “stay good” for at least 15 months – not that all that time it’s ever needed in my house.
Disclosure: I was provided samples of coconut oil products from Skinny & Co. in exchange for sharing my experience with you all. As always, all opinions are my own.